Pros and Cons of Dating an Older Man
When it comes to dating an older man, common arguments can be made about age not being an issue. Gone are the days when the age difference between two people who loved themselves and wanted to be together was highly frowned at and highly questioned. But in today’s modern world, what do we see….? A total outburst of dating websites for seniors accepting newer and modernized ideas in terms of doing things. The old fashioned way of dating is dead! Most girls of today prefer to go all out and try new stuff and when it comes to dating an older man twice their age, some consider it a thing of fun and a bit of dynamism. A lot more older men are utilizing online dating websites where they meet younger women. There are pros and cons of dating an older man though.
The 21st century woman is able to handle and deal with a relationship that has a man old enough to be her father involved, yet, still gets to work her way around the relationship and make it flourish. But one thing should be brought to light -not every date with an older man will eventually last or be successful. It really depends on your entire perception and general acceptance of the said relationship even though it might not sound ideal for others your age. Various reasons may account for a woman deciding to date someone far advanced in age than her. Some of these may include: financial constraints/ stability, the need for variation (dynamism), gaining experience, among a whole lot factors unmentioned. But albeit all these, there do exist certain pros and cons when it comes to dating older men. Let’s take a look at some positives….
PROS OF DATING AN OLDER MAN
- Dating an older man offers the opportunity of becoming stable in terms of finances and general comfort. Older men have lived almost all of their hay days accumulating wealth and promoting themselves financially and career wise, thus giving that kind of comfort and financial stability you yearn for. An older man doesn’t mind sharing all he’s got with you and may often end up pampering and spoiling you with love and material stuff. The mere fact that you find an older man on a dating website shows he loves to live young.
- Older men tend to be more experienced and mature- minded when it comes to problem solving. Yeah….they surely are. From living decades before you were born and gaining the requisite knowledge and experience on certain common issues you might face, predisposes them to aid you in that field when the need arises. They’ve been there before and done most of the stuff you’ve never tried doing. Hence, your experience horizon when dating an older men is broadened and they tend to be rational and perceptive in their decision makings.
- Dating older men offers slight variations when it comes to making love! Mmm…pretty interesting huh? This comes about as a result of being through several relationships and from such relationships he learnt and picked up a lot on his way…,this gives him more experience and a bigger picture when it comes to having sexual relations with a younger woman as well as knowing how best to satisfy them sexually. An older man knows what he’s doing, knows what he wants and goes all out for it without any hesitations. The kind of man who knows how best to make a woman go bananas in bed!
- Older men are often the serious and straight forward kind of guys. Having dated for a longer period of time, they feel the need to commit and be serious when it comes to their relationships. Especially when they feel and believe you are the ideal/ rightful person for them, they’ll love to settle down and start up a family with you. They’ve got no time for childish’ love tales’ and love dramas; all they want is to be in a relationship that promises to be there, even tomorrow.
All of these pros highlighted, why we don’t take a look at some cons as well, to get you better informed of your choices concerning dating older men….
THE CONS OF DATING AN OLDER MAN
- In the first place, even though older men know just the right ways to make you feel loved, cherished, appreciated and all; they appear to show signs of being controlling. Yep! An older man can be impulsive when it comes to dating and they tend to be uptight as well as possessive of the younger girls they date. He feels he’s older, knows much more than you do and as such is in control of the relationship as well as you the person he’s dating. Now who’d ever want to date a control freak anyway? I don’t know about y’all out there, but am not dating no control freak for sure.
- Dating an older man is less exciting when it comes to their lifestyle and preferences. They would prefer doing things the mild and serene way, and wouldn’t like to go all out for the kind of crazy youthful fun that a younger woman might feel for. Forget it even if you met him on a dating website – the older trend might still be there. Older men don’t really fancy night outings or clubbing and late night parties. To the older man; a good quite mellow evening indoors will do just fine. So if you’re the young type, seeking that fun-filled, out of control, crazy kind of relationship, dating an older man, is not a good idea really. Mm hmm.
- Here’s one truth that always confronts an older man- younger woman kind of relationships…., ‘The Ageing Factor. Now, even though from the onset of the relationship, one may not sense/ feel the possible effects of the age gap serving as an obstruction to a relationship, but as time progresses, it take its toll slowly on the guy making him even more older, weakened and fragile. His whole appearance goes through the period of change and the fear you’ve always dreaded, WRINKLES! Sets in. This can get very discomforting and normally unsuitable for any young woman out there. The kind of hot body you crave for in a guy is unattainable at this point in the relationship. Have you ever thought of why many dating websites are offering “married women looking for younger guys” online? Most of them have aging husbands and meeting younger men through online dating websites is common.
- And last but not the least, dating an older man is always faced with the threat of constant scrutiny and mixed criticism from outsiders. This usually happens when one finds herself in a typically hostile and ‘moral out- spoken’ community, which frowns upon the act of older men dating younger women. This leads to pressure being pushed down unto the relationship leading to an eventual breakdown or collapse of the said relationship. There’s no form of comfort or peace as you always look down on your shoulders.
To cap it all up, I’ll say that no one relationship is predictable or perfect. You never know which one might just do for you when you least expect it. Age difference, needn’t be a barrier separating two people who love and cherish each other so much. What really matters or the essential aspect of the relationship is how you two feel about each other, and not the years you’ve gotten to live on earth. If you feel dating an older man is the best suited thing for you, why not? Just go in for it regardless of the age factor and make that relationship work! Remember the saying that goes, ‘Age is just a number”. Yeah…it really is just a number, and you are as old as you think you are. So just go out there, Have fun and date whomever you wish to date and try avoiding the age barrier. Happiness can be achieved. Happiness is possible!
Pros and Cons of Dating an Older Man was written By; Chantelle Iris Nunoo